So, I found out the day after I’d arrived in England about the volcano on Iceland, and the subsequent closing of airspace. Ok, fine, we’ll see how things go, though even at that time you heard the stories about people being stranded who wouldn’t be able to get a flight back until May.
Bee and I tried not to worry about it too much. I was making up a list of people I’d have to contact in case I wouldn’t be able to get back (work, pastor, parents, not necessarily in that order).
And then British airspace got released on Tuesday, easyJet was flying, and I caught my flight on Wednesday. It was only an hour late, some delay caused in Naples.
On the one hand, I am glad everything worked out in the end. On the other hand, staying with Bee longer would have been nice as well.