What keeps me occupied when I am online?
* Boggle worries about you. Also, Boggle is an owl. http://boggletheowl.tumblr.com
* Is someone in your life making it weird? Can’t figure out what to say? Write to the Captain, and see what she has to say! http://captainawkward.com
* Audio newspaper for a visual world. Comedians John Oliver and Andy Zaltzman cast a sarcastic eye on the current news. http://thebuglepodcast.com
* A guide to girl geek culture. http://www.themarysue.com
* My sister’s blog about her and her family’s life in New Zealand. http://hollandsekiwis.wordpress.com
* An online service to help you catalog your books easily. http://www.librarything.com
* In the vein of the old-time radio-shows, Black Jack Justice deals with the eponymous hard-boiled detective and his partner, the about even more hard-boiled Trixie Dixon, Girl Detective. Set in an American city, sometime in the 50s. Episodes run between 25-30 minutes. http://www.decoderringtheatre.com/shows/black-jack-justice/
* In the vein of the old-time radio-shows, Red Panda Adventures deals with the Guardians of Toronto, the Red Panda and his sidekick the Flying Squirrel. Begins in the 30s, goes on into the 40s. Episodes run between 25-30 minutes. http://www.decoderringtheatre.com/shows/red-panda-adventures
* Welcome to Night Vale is a twice-monthly podcast in the style of community updates for the small desert town of Night Vale, featuring local weather, news, announcements from the Sheriff’s Secret Police, mysterious lights in the night sky, dark hooded figures with unknowable powers, and cultural events.
Turn on your radio and hide.
It is all shades of awesome if you’re into somewhat disconcerting environments, and nothing is what it seems to be. Except for Carlos. Carlos, with his perfect hair and teeth, is exactly who he seems to be. http://commonplacebooks.com/